Excellence in teaching, learning, scientific research, social service locally and regionally, and internationally.
Preparing the distinguished scientific staff to be able to compete in the labor market, providing an educational environment and training programs that contribute to the enhancement of scientific research related to the development issues of the community, and the promotion and development of innovation and entrepreneurship programs.
Sirte University in Brief:
- Sirte University was founded as the branch of the university of Garyounis (now known as the university of Benghazi ) in 1989.
- In 1992, it became an autonomous institution and was then known as Al-Tahadi University which was later re-named as Sirte University (SU) in 2010.
- Since it gained its autonomous status, the university has been continuously expanding and has become one of well-recognized higher education institutions in Libya. Starting off with a few faculties and academic departments, the university has at present 10 different faculties with more than 10000 students.
- The university currently employs nearly 600 full-time teaching staff and 53 are contractual foreign employees from foreign countries. The university also employs 1750 non-academic staff in different departments and offices across the university.
- The university is also trying to enhance self-learning and research culture among its students by building a new and a comprehensive library with more than 100000 resource materials.
- The university has also establish a Languages Centre in a hope of improving the standards of English Language among its students and to provide pre-sessional English courses for students who have awarded scholarships to do their masters and PhD degrees abroad.
- Inside the main campus there also are a Research and Consultation Centre which is offering the Consulting Study, Support academic by consulting faculties, Publish the researches in the university Journal.
- As part of its on-going plan of expansion, the university is currently undertaking major construction projects. One of these projects is to build University City with up-to-date facilities and equipment in order to improve the learning environment for the students which would help them to perform better and achieve higher standards.
- Sirte University is committed to activities targeting the transfer of scientific, technical and creative knowledge to society and the improvement of society and a sustainable environment.
- The international cooperation office (ICO) in Sirte university acts as a window to the university. It tries to reach internationalization which every university seeks to achieve. In this connection, the mission of the (ICO) is to support the university locally and internationally through the international agreements and scientific projects in order to achieve its globalization.
- Sirte University as a higher education institution involved in many international cooperation programmes. It also engaged in several international agreement (MOU) with more than 26 agreements with different educational universities and other organizations from all over the world.